04/06/2013

A Forcible Grounding...



A Forcible Grounding...

In the airline business, one of the most humiliating moments one can endure, as a flight attendant, is the threat of being grounded. In those days, my days, it was like that. It was a serious decision to arrive to, for any management personnel. Worse, I think, for the one who got that punishment.
It meant one had done something so against regulations that the only rightful consequence (according to management ...again) and its conclusion was forcing one to be and stay on ground.

In any other enterprise, an act of discipline may pass as a normal leave of absence. But up there, in the air, everyone knew. The information ball fired...

When that is said, a leave of absence can be also taken for oneself, personally.
In my case, I call it a forcible grounding because that is what it has been since June 2012.

Life had caught up with me in many odd ways. It made me horribly frustrated. And, in many ways, tore me apart. I believe you would feel the same if; at long last, you were doing a work or something you really enjoyed, and, on top of it, were getting an enormous amount of recognition, thus boosting up your self-confidence to its maximum. THAT is just so energizing to one’s mind and soul.

The first and main downer, the crash of my laptop, left me totally dispirited.  This could not have happened at a worst possible time. I was putting so much of my heart in the words, my truth, which I was tenderly laying down to be shared with you, and with so great generosity.
The technical chapter of an impossible digital world left me bare and lonely in my despair.
Impossible it is for me when such things happen because I feel helpless.
I couldn’t fix this issue and I wasn’t used to it. Those were the dangers of working alone, for me. I was no longer blessed with an array of expert support. As a matter of fact, I had gotten quite spoiled with it during my professional career in multiple management positions and working with and from a computer.

However I decided to let this be for awhile...and I had to, really, because at the same time, another issue in my life had appeared and distracted me even more.
It caught me still into an even more attentive mood!

The case of moving house, from Norway to France.
A new home.
A changed dimension.
Definitely very emotional.
Awesomely epic...

I shan’t write more details about it until later...but all these happenings in my life have had the sad effect of pinning me down to work with the then present multiple tasks at hand, on a daily basis.

I was forced to take a Sabbath year, a leave of absence, a stop away from my own self.

However the year of silence has ended!
Welcome back, Ô Faithful Passenger...and join me again through my airy wanderings.
Will you accept my invitation and fly with me?

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to "flying" with you in written form. I'm excited to read more of your travels and personal endeavors. Keep writing and smiling my friend. :-)

    <3
    B

    ReplyDelete